I’m taking a few minutes out of my maternity leave (June is sleeping) to tell you about a super-fun and educational get together with Joe Sanok, Jane Carter, me, and hopefully you.
Something exciting is brewing…specifically, a possible “Brew Your Practice” event this September, if enough of you express interest! I’m teaming up withJoe Sanok, LPC, NCC of Practice of the Practice and Jane Carter, LPC of the National Association of Counselors in Private Practice for a potential 2-day mini-conference (10-20 participants) in beautiful mountain town Asheville, North Carolina, where we’ll work on building (or improving) your ideal private practice while enjoying Asheville’s thriving beer, food and coffee culture.
Training and coaching will combine lecture, strategy sessions, group & individual coaching. The focus will be on both business mindset and skills (ex. visioning for your practice, marketing with authenticity and service, overcoming money-mindset blocks to bring in more wealth with less effort, leading your business with confidence and vision, specific networking & marketing skills, etc.).
- Readers of Condé Nast Traveler voted Asheville #3 among “30 Best Small Cities in America” and in its “America’s Best Beer Cities” roundup.
- Outside Magazine readers picked Asheville as one of the “Best Towns Ever.”
- Travel + Leisure featured Asheville at #10 on its list of the “World’s Best Cities” for the United States and Canada.
- Asheville was officially dubbed “Beer City U.S.A.” (2009-2012)
- A National Geographic Travel book named Asheville one of the “World’s Best Cities”
- Asheville among Frommer’s’ “Best Places to Go in 2015.”
- Southern Living magazine named Asheville one of the “Tastiest Towns in the South.”
The Schedule We’re Considering:
Evening gathering at one of Asheville’s award-winning local breweries, where you receive your complementary beer and coffee mugs.
- “Morning Joe” Session, led by Joe Sanok (with excellent locally-brewed coffee provided)
- Lunch: explore Asheville’s internationally-recognized “foodie” scene at a downtown restaurant.
- Practice-Brewing Session led by yours truly.
- Practice-Brewing Session II led by Jane Carter.
- Individual laser-focused coaching sessions scheduled throughout the day.
- Dinner at a downtown restaurant.
- Evening Activity: Local favorite, LaZoom comedy & beer bus-tour.
- Similar structure to Day 1, with fresh-brewed content
- Evening Activity: ahem, distill all you’ve learned in 2 days with a gathering at tasty local food/beer joint while drinking in each other’s company.
We recommend scheduling an extra day or two to explore Asheville and/or the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains. If you want to do so as a group, Jane will plan a beautiful hike, a visit to the Biltmore Estate, or other local attraction.
We need enough people to apply, knowing that the investment will be around $1,000 for two days of teaching, coaching, and beer/coffee. Participants will cover their own travel, lodging and meals (lodging estimated $150-200/night or cheaper for VRBO’s and Air B&B’s). Please let us know by April 15 if you are interested, by filling out a brief application here.