[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/abundantpractice/training-katie-may-mon.mp3″ title=”Value versus Price Training” artist=”Allison Puryear w/ Katie Keates May” ]
For Consult Monday, we discuss:
- How to make group about the value of the experience instead of the prices.
- Prepping: do you want crafts or snacks? Did you budget for it? Do you want to think about something like that in the future?
Katie Keates May of Your Group Guru
Katie K. May is a Licensed Professional Counselor and “Group Guru” in the Philadelphia area who runs 6 full and ongoing weekly groups out of her teen support center. She is the creator of the digital course Become a Group Guru: Your All Access Guide to Marketing, Filling and Running Therapy Groups in Private Practice. Katie went from burned out and buried in paperwork in community mental health to six figures in private practice in 10 short months and has taught hundreds of other therapists how to have similar successes and make a positive impact on both their clients and their bank accounts with groups. To grab the 5 day jump-start guide and learn how to create the group that your ideal clients can’t wait to enroll in, head to
What I Wish I’d Said Wednesday
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/abundantpractice/training-katie-may-wed.mp3″ title=”Open Groups versus Closed Groups Training” artist=”Allison Puryear w/ Katie Keates May” ]
For What I Wish I’d Said Wednesday we discuss:
- Benefits between open and ongoing or closed scheduled groups
- Open and ongoing provide the practitioner with consistent income
- Ebbs and flows in attendance
- What do you do about group dynamics in an open group?
- Screen, screen, screen to find the good fits!
- How to Assess for groups
- Closed groups begin and end and at scheduled times and allow you to have a curriculum and provides structure for your schedule
Follow Through Friday
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/abundantpractice/training-katie-may-fri.mp3″ title=”How to Market Groups Training” artist=”Allison Puryear w/ Katie Keates May” ]
Allison Puryear, LCSW, CEDS of Abundance Practice-Building
Allison Puryear is an LCSW with a nearly diagnosable obsession with business development. She has started practices in three different cities and wants you to know that building a private practice is shockingly doable when you have a plan and support. You can download a free private practice checklist to make sure you have your ducks in a row, get weekly private practice tips, and join the Abundance Practice-Building Group to gain the confidence and tools you need to succeed.