Jessica Weikers of Fog City Counseling
Jessica Weikers is a Marriage and Family Therapist Intern in private practice in San Francisco. She is passionate about supporting artists, activists, queer folks, and millennials in moving through self-doubt, anxiety, and depression into meaningful, fulfilling, and empowered lives.To learn more about Jessica and her practice, please visit us as Fog City Counseling.
For Consult Monday we discuss:
- Making sure her niche is niched enough (but not too niched)
- Who her niche ISN’T
- Opting in stridently to ideal clients (as a way of opting out of those that aren’t)
- Marketing differently for niche with potential clients vs other professionals
- Hacks for “stealing language”
- How our ideal clients reflect back some of our own stuff sometimes
What I Wish I’d Said Wednesday
Jane Carter of Jane Carter Counseling
Jane Carter, LPC is a counselor and coach who is committed to helping therapists have more money, enjoyment, and freedom in their practice. She helps private practitioners feel inspired in their work, to use their creativity, and to successfully balance the roles of clinician & entrepreneur through a focus on both strategy and mindset. Jane is the founder of Brew Your Practice coaching and events, and is a speaker, writer, world-traveler, coffee-shop connoisseur, and local-craft-beer-snob. She can be reached at www.BrewYourPractice.com and www.JaneCarterCounseling.net
For What I Wish I’d Said Wednesday we discuss:
- The confidence it takes to own your niche
- A Jay Z reference
- Fear of clarity is a thing!
- Ways to identify what’s different about you as a therapist/human
- Crawling into your clients’ heads
- A deep dive into marketing to your niche in a way that plays to your strengths
- A new record in the Abundant Practice Podcast: Most puns in a single episode
Follow Through Friday
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/abundantpractice/niche-too-broad-jessica-weikers-fri.mp3″ title=”Is My Niche Too Broad | Jessica Weikers” artist=”Allison Puryear” ]
Allison Puryear, LCSW, CEDS of Abundance Practice-Building
Allison Puryear is an LCSW with a nearly diagnosable obsession with business development. She has started practices in three different cities and wants you to know that building a private practice is shockingly doable when you have a plan and support. You can download a free private practice checklist to make sure you have your ducks in a row, get weekly private practice tips, and join the Abundance Practice-Building Group to gain the confidence and tools you need to succeed.