Natalie Wingfield of Virginia Beach Counseling
Natalie Wingfield is a Licensed Professional Counselor specializing in eating disorders, trauma, and the LGBT community. She is also the director of Virginia Beach Counseling and Wellness, a multi-specialty group practice offering trauma-informed care for families, couples, and individuals ages 3+.
When she’s not counseling, Natalie enjoys gardening, cooking, and taking her dogs to the beach.
For Consult Monday, we discuss:
- Don’t pay yourself the leftovers
- Impact of scheduled pay for contractors and employees
- Are you working with insurance companies that pay promptly and reasonably?
- Look into interns to relieve some of the overhead
- Create a spreadsheet based on your financial infrastructure (bills and due dates) instead of your bank balance.
- Accepting success success and that it’s okay to be paid emotional and fiscal weight of onboarding and managing clinicians and staff.
- Finding the balance and tipping point between expenses and client to clinical staff ratio
- What does your business spending look like?
What I Wish I’d Said Wednesday
Annie Schulessler of Coaching with Annie
For What I Wish I’d Said Wednesday we discuss:
- It takes dedication to look at finances differently
- Conservative may mean consistent
- Get off the financial roller coaster and pay yourself a consistent amount of money every month.
- Look at your relationship with money and see the truth about your business.
- Over-complicating your finances and comparison within the group practice.
Follow Through Friday
Allison Puryear, LCSW, CEDS of Abundance Practice-Building
Allison Puryear is an LCSW with a nearly diagnosable obsession with business development. She has started practices in three different cities and wants you to know that building a private practice is shockingly doable when you have a plan and support. You can download a free private practice checklist to make sure you have your ducks in a row, get weekly private practice tips, and join the Abundance Practice-Building Group to gain the confidence and tools you need to succeed.