a happy therapist is a better therapist
Agencies can provide fantastic opportunities for many clinicians. For some therapists, there’s a longing for independence. There’s a frustration with bureaucracy. There’s a knowledge deep inside that you can still do the work you love with clients without working as many hours and attending meetings.
I’ve been there. When I worked in agencies, I longed for the autonomy and financial compensation of private practice. I was intimidated by the business side of things—working with insurance, getting referrals and creating efficient systems. I also worried that I didn’t have what it takes to be successful. I read books; I had business consultations; I picked the brains of so many private practitioners. When I took the risk, I was rewarded beyond my expectations and have loved practice-building ever since.
I am passionate about helping clinicians feel safe enough to take the leap that leads to work/life balance, less burn out, and more freedom. There are so many fantastic providers working too much for too little because of fear. So I started Abundance Practice Building. The closer the therapists I work with get to their goals, the more excited I am about sharing the practice-building curriculum I’ve developed. In the spirit of vulnerability, that thing that I cherish and squirm in the face of, I believe helping others build their practices is my calling and I’m giddy to share it with you.
ABUNDANCE PRACTICE BUILDING WILL HELP YOU GAIN THE SKILLS & PROVIDE THE SUPPORT NEEDED TO BUILD THE PRACTICE YOU WANT NOW.
Abundance Practice Building is passionate about helping therapists build healthy private practices that provide freedom, joy, and financial stability. It’s good for clinicians. It’s good for clients. Everyone wins!
We get it. Mental health agency life is hard and typically not the healthiest. However, starting a private practice can be deceptively challenging. It’s tough to go at it alone without good support, especially during a time of uncertainty.
That’s where we come in. At Abundance, we provide the tools that you need to create a successful private practice and avoid the burnout that can lead to many great therapists leaving the field.
- How to Fill Your Private Practice Training
- The Abundant Practice Podcast
- Abundance Practice Building Blog
- Our YouTube Page
- Our Facebook community
- Tasky Confidence-Boosting Checklist: a detailed guide to the nitty-gritty tasks needed to open a private practice with tools to boost your confidence
- COVID-19 and Your Practice
- Telehealth Scripts
- What to Say When: A bundle of our most effective scripts and templates to ensure that you’re ready when the phone rings!
- Inner Circle: Our most exclusive offering includes multiple hourlong 1:1 sessions, group Private Practice School, open office hours, Abundance Party content, and copywriting/website review. Registration is limited, join the interest list today!!
- Abundance Party: a cherry-picked compilation of all of our best information, a moderated and highly engaged private Facebook group, and everything you need to know to build your private practice including financial trainings, trainings on systems and schedules, EHR recommendations, and how to hire out.
The Abundance Way
- Flexible offerings that help therapists transition into private practice
- Self-driven courses that allow you to tailor and build the practice that you want
- The welcoming, supportive Abundance team, and community, led by Allison Puryear, that is 100% here to help you succeed
“Allison is a breath of fresh air! She provided me with clarity and helped me write the “permission slips” to building my successful private practice, when I was struggling to believe that I could create the type of practice I wanted.Allison has a warm personality and when I am consulting with her, she reminds me of my worth as a professional and person. I can not recommend Allison enough for either the new or seasoned practitioner, who needs guidance in creating their vision.”
“Allison is your best resource in creating an authentic practice that will help you over the years with client retention, burn out prevention, and finding your true path in the helping profession. She is an expert at marketing, networking, and has all the nuts and bolts of getting your practice off the ground. If you want a successful practice, I highly recommend starting with Allison as your first step.”